- This event has passed.
Tour de Vlei
October 12 @ 2:00 pm - October 13 @ 5:00 pm
Vogelvlei Yacht Club’s Tour de Vlei will be held on 12-13 October 2019
Open to all dinghy and multihull classes!
Oppies sail a shorter course, Dinghies once around the Vlei, and Hobies, Mozzies, Fireballs and 505’s twice around the Vlei.
Entries are open to everyone!
To qualify for a discount, emailed early bird entries to be received by 12h00 Friday 4th October, & the related EFT Proof-of-payment no later than 17h00 on Tuesday 8th October).
- Juniors (single handed): (Early bird R 80): R100
- Juniors (double handed): (Early bird R 130): R150
- Senior Single-handed: (Early bird R 150): R180
- Senior Double-handed: (Early bird R 180): R220
- Keelboats & double-handed Multihulls: (Early bird R 180): R220
Sat 12 October
Registration and late entries 12:00 – 14:00 Saturday 14th October
Skippers briefing 14:00
Start not before 14:30
Sunday 13 October
Lay-day if Tour de Vlei can’t be sailed on Saturday
Fun sailing – strong wind Mad Dash Speed Trials or Going Nowhere Slowly Race
Skippers briefing 09:00
Start not before 09:30
No start after 13:00
Prizegiving for Tour de Vlei 14:30 If no racing on Sunday then prize-giving will be at 11:00 on Sunday
Camping fees for non-members
To be paid to the sailing office on the weekend
Free to competitors and volunteers
Rates for those not competing or volunteering:
Children under 5: free
Rate per child, 5 –12 years old, per night: R20
Rate per person 19 years and older, per night: R50
To be booked in advance on entry form and paid via EFT, or paid and ordered at the bar
Bar will be open all weekend
Saturday and Sunday breakfast:
- Bacon, egg and cheese bun: R30
- Bacon egg and cheeseburger: R40
- Home-made granola with yoghurt: R25
- Cheeseburger: R30
- Chicken wrap: R30
- Enchilada with salad and garlic bread: R70
For further information or to volunteer, please contact: